Home‎ > ‎News‎ > ‎

Social Services Assistance at Whittemore: Where’s Your Living Will?

posted Dec 24, 2014, 7:03 AM by Whittemore Technology

Each one of us has ideas about how we want to be treated in an  emergency if we are injured or very sick. When we can’t speak for ourselves, how can we let others know what we want? You can use a Living Will or an Advance Directive. Do you need a lawyer to write one? How valid is one you write for yourself? What has to be in an Advance Directive? Who should have a copy? Should I have a copy at home? Where should I keep it? All these questions will be answered in our Western Connecticut Area Agency on Agency’s First Tuesday Roundtable Chat on January 6, 2015. After the Roundtable, the counselor will be available privately and confidentially for individual questions on any of these topics: * Medicare * Medigap * Meals on Wheels * SNAP * Housing * Household chores * Transportation. Get assistance from a WCAAA representative on the first Tuesday morning of each month from 10 a.m. - 12 noon. All discussions are free and confidential. Call Whittemore Library for more information- 729-4591.